Tuesday 30 June 2020

Taint

Why did you have to take me there to do it? To the same place you took me when we were falling in love?

You've tainted something that meant a lot to me.

I keep replaying the scene over and over and over in my mind. When you said her name, when you screamed at me for walking away, when we hugged like strangers, when you said you really tried, when you said you were sorry.

You're sorry? I'm sorry, for stupidly coming back to you, when you don't even feel for me. When you feel for someone else. When you do for someone else.

But then. I come back to the moments we were falling in love. When we were falling asleep with lips intertwined with empty bellies because we couldn't bother to eat.

It was the best feeling in the world. And now, I am scared because you may feel that with someone else, and I may just become a memory or worse yet forgotten.

I miss my babycakes, my best friend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment